Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wedding day!

Luis and Jess
 Wedding day is finally here

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

We meet each other on a christian chat room, and since January 2005, long chat hours, phone calls numerous once-a-month visits. Counting with God as our guide, witness and our rock on May 27th 2006, we united our lives 'til death do us part. Here are my memories from that beautiful day:

It was such a peaceful day. I love every moment of it. The time I got to spend with my mother and father was great. There was no stress or worries that day. Every thing happened with a beautiful pace, I knew in my heart that I was holding onto Jesus hand, and trusting him not only with my life but also with a new family to be created on this day. I love how Jessica set the schedule of the events: she wanted to have all the wedding pictures taken before the ceremony (in this way all the guests will not have to wait for us at all). Thus, I got to be alone at the altar and wait to see her walking down the isle, a moment for just Jessica, God and me. Nobody else was going to be there, first time I'll get to see her in her wedding dress.

While waiting there, I got the chance to be alone and talk with God a little bit. To give him my gratitude, for transforming me from the inside out; and filling my life with His endless love. I prayed that God would help me to be a holy husband, that on everything I do to be a blessing for my soon to be wife. I prayed that if we have children that He would give me the wisdom, patience and love to be a good father.

Minutes later at the end of the isle, I saw Jessica, emerging at the entrance of the sanctuary. It was incredible; I was telling myself that I was still in awe of God's blessings into my life. To see Jessica, how beautiful she is; it is like looking at an angel, and to know that this angel is here and that is real. Thank you God for giving me this blessing. She walked up to were I was waiting, we got few moments to embrace each other. Then, the rest of the wedding party came, and we got ready for the pictures shots.

We got plenty time to take tons of pictures, then went back to our separate areas, and get ready for the actual wedding ceremony. The ceremony was awesome. Pastor Greg did a great job in the months before the wedding day. I hope I can see him every time that we go to visit Jessica's family in Oklahoma.

During the reception we got to do the typical things that you do in it, and we got to share a small video of our lives to every body that attended. (We invited over 500, and over 300 people came to the wedding, it was nice to be able to see so many familiar faces). In the video introduction I added a poem that I dedicated to Jess. Here is the poem:

Are there Angels?

"It is said there are Angels in Heaven above
And they shine with the light of an inner love.
Of these things I had not a clue.
But that was before I found you.


For in you I’ve found a love that is so right
It shines all around with the brightest of light
It comes from somewhere so deep within
That it has no beginning and knows no end
Your love is a light that brightens each day
Of all of the people you see on your way.


Wherever you go or whatever you do
All see the love inside you.

That God sent you here to a place where you would be
Sharing such love with someone like me.


Is proof for me that angels exist
And are filled with a love that no one could resist.
I thank God each day for finding the time
For looking down on me and making you mine.

So, yes there are Angels
In heaven above
I know because God
Sent me one to love"


Now that I'm re-posting this entry (on July 26, 2010), four and a half years later. I still remember with so much exciting that amazing day. I have no regrets, and on that day we never knew what our journey as a married couple will have in store for both of us. After years of trying to conceive, losing few babies. I can say with confidence that we can count with each other, in good and bad times. Just as we promised on that emotional day.

No comments:

Post a Comment