Friday, May 21, 2010

Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

It's a boy!
"Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle"

The first time I came across this phrase was two weeks after my triplets have gone to heaven. It was printed-engraved, in a picture frame. I bought it and decided placed it on their grave. Where it stayed for the next few weeks. Later on, we took it with us, and now it hangs in the middle of our kitchen and family room, in a high place, easy to see, to remind us that God gives us the gift of miracles every day of our lives. There is no exception, they are given to us during good days and bad days.

Yes, everyday holds the possibility of a miracle. Even those days that seems completely surrounded by darkness, brokenness and the feeling of no hope, no future, and no more miracles left to live. For me, it includes those days that we lost our babies.

I can hear this sentence, very often in whispers... sometimes from God, other times from my triplets.

I read that sentence at the end of each day, when I approach to mark off another day on the calendar Jessica has made to keep track of the days until Jace is born. I know without a doubt the day Jace is born, is going to be a miracle day for us. But I don't want to miss those little miracles that happen every waking moment. We are still here. And there will be more miracles in the future, even in eternity.

I'm so excited about the day that God has placed as the birthday for Jace. I know is going to be very soon. His due date is in less than 14 days. So, now, any day, any moment, we will be able to hear him cry for the first time. And embrace him for the first time. Yay!


Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, 
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint
(Isaiah 40:28-31)

Even the day God has set for me to go home will be another miracle. The miracle of reunion with my babies, and with him. But for the many days I have here, I'll remind myself that everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle... Always.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment