Friday, June 17, 2011

My second Father's day

Luis reading a book to Jace

"The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them" (Proverbs 20:7)

(Note on the verse above: I included this verse not because I am perfect, 'cause I am not. But to remind myself to aim to be the best I should be to be able to bless my child)

Last year I was so much in awe, excited and overwhelmed by the fact that I was holding my child on my arms for the first time (on my first "real" father's day); that I didn't have any chance to write down my feelings, happenings and emotions as a new dad. So, now I finally got the opportunity to write and share them with you, on this father's day celebration.

Few days after my Jace was born, a co-worker told me: "in my culture, now that you have a child and have new responsibilities, you are considered a complete man".

Yes, I can see and feel that in my soul. When I see my whole family, I feel complete.


My gift from above
As I read a book from one of my favorite writers (C.S. Lewis), I can see that when we trust completely in God, if we let Him; He can make the ugliest and most saddest experience into a full joy and dance; and one day in Heaven, His presence and power will give us a new life transforming us into a dazzling, radiant immortal creatures, pulsating all trough with such energy and joy, and wisdom, and wonder, and veneration, and worship, and peace, and love as we cannot now imagine. He will make us bright stainless mirrors, which will reflect back to God perfectly, (of course in a smaller scale), His own boundless power, and delight and goodness. These is what we are in for, nothing less.

I'm so glad I never gave up my faith and trust in Him, even during those times when everything seems to be lost, when it appears that there is no more hope. If in this very moment, you feel that you're there in the dark, I can tell you with no doubt: Trust your life in Him, because He can; and one day He will make everything new. 

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable ."  
(C.S. Lewis)

I don't want to forget about my dad either. I'm grateful for his example, support and discipline. On this special day, I hope he feels how much I appreciate all those years that with my mother, he invested in me, building me up to become who I am. I love you dad.

Also, on this day, I feel so blessed to be father of my child, and to be the dad to my triplets up in Heaven. I have no regrets or complains, anything I had to do (from changing a diaper, to saying goodbye) has been a blessing to me.

Here is a card I got from my triplets:


 ♥♥♥
 

Dear Mr. Hallmark,


We are writing to you from heaven, and though it must appear
A rather strange idea, we see everything from here.
We just popped in to visit, your stores to find a card
A card of love for my father, as this day for him is hard.


There must be some mistake we thought, every card you could imagine
Except we could not find a card; from babies who live in heaven.
He is still a father too, no matter where we reside
We had to leave, he understands, but oh the tears he’s cried.


We thought that if we wrote you, that you would come to know
That though we live in heaven now; we still love our father so.
He talks with us, and dreams with us; we still share laughter too,
Memories our way of speaking now, would you see what you could do?


My father carries us in his heart, his tears he hides from sight.
He writes poems to honor us, sometimes far into the night
He plants special flowers in the garden, there our living memory dwells
He writes to other grieving parents, trying to ease their pain as well.


So, you see Mr. Hallmark, though we no longer live on earth
We must find a way, to remind him of his wondrous worth
He needs to be honored, and remembered too
Just as the children of earth do it for their dads on this day too.


Thank you Mr. Hallmark, we know you’ll do your best
We have done all we can do; to you we'll leave the rest.
Find a way to tell him, how much he means to us
Until the day we can do it for ourselves when he joins us in eternity.


With love,
Alexa, Jayden and Lilia.


♥♥♥
.

1 comment:

  1. As always brother so meanfull words! God bless you! You are awesome father! I love you so much! Lili

    ReplyDelete