Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jace First Birthday

Holding Jace
My first year as a dad:

This year has been the most rewarding year for me. Those long nights with short sleep didn't bother me. Or having to change his diapers, no matter how bad, hasn't bother me either (although some times I was pretty close to end up throwing up). There has been no task or responsibility as a dad, that I would give up.

To see my little miracle growing, learning his surroundings, laughing, playing with me, being held by his mom, and nurture by all his grandparents, has been the closest I can be to Heaven. I love it so much.



3 days old
It doesn't matter how hard has been the day, or how tired I am, as soon as he looks for my sight, it makes this awesome feeling of love to burst inside of me. I think this gives me a hint of how much God loves us, His children. This unconditional love with no boundaries, no obstacles, and no limits.

When he started crawling for the first time, or holding his own bottle, I felt that one day he would not need me anymore. But, I sensed this thought in my soul: "He is going to need you to be by his side for the rest of his life. He will need a wise counsel, when decisions come into his way. He needs, like any child, a father that would set an example for life, whom lives life to the fullest, and with a humbled purpose". I pray that God can help me in this new journey to be the best dad I can be for the gift He has entrusted in my arms.

1-year old
From time to time, I can see in my boy expressions, the same features my three little angels revealed me for the few hours they lived in my arms. And I tend to wonder, how they would look now? how long my daughters hair could be? and their voices? and my imagination goes on and on. Then I turn to my precious boy, and I want to hug him much more...

This has been an awesome, blessed, rewarding, and full of love year. Thank you God for your gift of life in Jace.



I am here

My son
I am here
I cannot protect you
From the world.

My son
I am here
I can only love you
No matter what


My son
I am here
My love unconditional
On this you can rely


My son
I am here
To guide and to teach you
And one day you must fly


My son 
I am here
Life can be difficult
I've heard your cry


My son 
I am here
Changes are painful
Never forget who you are


My son 
I am here
Maintain the faith 
In yourself and in God


My son
I am here
Self acceptance is yours
Do not fear


My son
I am here


(Rose Falcone)

No comments:

Post a Comment