Saturday, September 8, 2018

Faith

Few days ago I went to visit the triplet's grave and a beautiful sign caught my attention. It was on top of a baby stone and it simply read "FAITH". It touched my heart.

Since my childhood I learned the typical meaning about faith, in the formal context of church and religion. About what you are "supposed" to do or "act" in life, spiritually speaking. But now years later, I wanted to look up its meaning. One dictionary defines faith as "noun: complete trust or confidence in someone or something".

Now, that was a powerful significance to me. Because this grieving mommy, or daddy, or sibling, or grandparent, or even a friend decided to place this meaningful sign there. Even after the worst outcome have taken place. Losing something, it means that you don't know, or don't have any idea where it is. But in my case I know exactly where are my triplets Alexa, Jayden and Lilia are. Therefore, from that point of view I really never lost them. I know they are in Heaven.

So, I think all of us here understand what it means to have faith in this particular context. Faith is no longer a noun, but it has become a verb, an action that we live daily. Out faith and love for our children is more real and powerful than even death itself. Because I have complete confidence that one day I will see them again.

Faith is defined by the Bible in the book of Hebrews chapter 11 verse 1. It reads:
"Faith means being sure of the things we hope for. And faith means knowing that something is real even if we do not see it." (Hebrews 11:1. ICB)


I will continue to have a childlike faith, without questioning, being humble and teachable. Because as the scriptures say:
"No one has ever seen, no one has ever heard, no one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 
(1 Corinthians 2:9. ERV)

This is what is "faith". And I pray and hope we never forget that.

(This was an excerpt of what I shared during the 2018 Children Memorial Service. The audience were all the parents or family members of children at the same cemetery where my triplets rest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment