Thursday, October 4, 2018

Love with no place to go

Most people know that October is breast cancer awareness month, but did you know in 1988 President Reagan designated October as National Pregnancy and Infant Death awareness month?

This has been a taboo that many bereaved parents like us has to deal from time to time. I feel that it is getting better, but still there are people that haven’t heard about it; or still struggle to understand or have compassion to this kind of pain.

My babies are not an awkward "topic". They all are persons. They are my oldest daughter, my oldest son, and my youngest daughter. I am not awkward about that, so why are you?

When I think about Alexa, Jayden and Lilia they were not a pregnancy we lost; instead they are our babies we lost. My couple girls and baby boy are the granddaughters and grandson, big sister, big brother, and little sister, playmates, nieces, nephew, and cousins that are missing from our daily lives.

Every day we feel their absence and want the entire world to know who they are missing out on. Just like you love and cherish the child you can see, hold, hug, kiss and tuck into bed every night, so I do too with the ones I can't see anymore.

To my dear babies: I loved you all of your life. I'll miss you the rest of mine.

~♥~

"Grief is really just love. it's all the love you want to give, but cannot. all that unspent love gathers in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go" 
(Jamie Anderson)


No comments:

Post a Comment