Thursday, October 31, 2013

Antibody detected


Last week the doctors did a routine blood screening on Jess. And few days later we had an ultra-sound appointment. The scanning of the twin babies showed that everything is good. They have a good healthy size for a 10-week fetus, their heart rates are nice and strong; and the cervix length is also good. But at the end of the test, the lab doctor came into the room, and told us to go to a different room, to the despised patient conference room. We were wondering: Why? What's wrong? But no answers.

So, there we were sitting in a closed room, waiting for a conference call to tell us something bad. And I dislike going into this imaging place, I always cross my fingers and pray that we go through the appointment without difficulties. But for some reason, we don't get that kind of a deal.

After a long wait the phone call didn't happen. So, after waiting all this time, the lab doctor came in and explained that the blood work detected a presence of an antibody. That we will need to go and talk to MFM Doctors (maternal fetal medicine), vaguely giving any specifics. And I started getting frustrated, why doctors will not speak clearly to us. So I pleaded with the doctor to give us in summary what was going on; or at least what it meant.

Then she explained in a nutshell; depending on how the babies' blood reacts to the presence of the antibody, and how their development continues; it might require a blood transfusion to the babies while they are still inside the womb, to prevent them becoming anemic. I am glad that there is something the doctors can do about it. But being honest I'm upset that always there is something to deal with; I wish we could get a break for once.

My babies have the assurance and do know that they have a mommy who will fight for them, holding nothing back; and a father that will continuously get on his knees praying for miracles from above. I know my wife wishes she could not have to deal with difficulties during pregnancy. But we need to continue moving forward.

I'll share what she wrote, starting with a verse that came to her:

"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 
( 1 Corinthians 15:58)

And she wrote:
"Stand firm. Let nothing move you". I needed to hear this right now. My promise to you my babies is that your Mommy is going to fight and give it everything thing I have. I will not be shaken and I will not let the enemy put fear and doubt in my mind. Instead I am going to put my trust in God knowing that He is our Healer and I am going to pray without ceasing and believe in healing!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment