Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thankful Christmas Time

(This years Santa's little helpers)

Always pray and never give up


What would it have been if we would have quit on our first failure years ago trying to become parents. I cannot imagine how that reality might look right now. I have no clue, but I'm so glad that we didn't stop pursuing our dream. Because the life that we now have is deeply blessed. And yes, it was a journey we traveled with sorrows, pains and setbacks, but we refused to give up on God.

"... Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them 
that they should always pray and not give up."
(Luke 18:1)

This picture is a powerful reminder of what God has done in my life. On the left side is the moments of us embracing for the last time our three babies now in Heaven. And on the right, the miracles that came after the loss. He blessed us with three precious boys. And I'm forever grateful for all of my children. Recently I've been praying for few friends in their struggle of having a child. And I'm happy to see that some of those prayers are being answered. But I also know of those that are still waiting on an answer. I hope and continue to pray for their situation. He can make everything new. I've learned that we stop encountering God the moment we stop seeking Him.

"Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you" declares the Lord.
(Jer. 29:12-14a)

I don't know what is happening during this moment of your life, you might be overflowing with happiness, joy and peace over this holiday season; or it might be the opposite situation, where you feel heartbroken and without hope. But I can assure you, on either case, He is always there with you. Trust Him, and at the end of the journey He will not let you down. His timing is perfect, His love and comforts can restore, heal, and give you a peace beyond all understanding.

He is the reason for this season!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas 2014, and a Happy New Year 2015!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment